Maximise your workouts.
Ascend Pre Workout: Rise Above The Competition
|Article At A Glance|
ASCEND is one of the newest pre-workouts to hit the market, with cutting-edge ingredients and flavours like no other. Available in two unique caffeine and caffeine-free formulas.
Key ingredients like Beta-Alanine, L-Citrulline, Taurine, Di-Caffeine Malate, English Walnut Extract, Alpha-GPC, Tri-Creatine Malate, and Glycine, each with distinct benefits, such as improved endurance, muscle growth, sustained energy, and hydration support.
ASCEND Stim is designed for caffeine lovers, offering sustained energy and increased focus, while ASCEND Non-Stim is caffeine-free and focuses on optimising performance with additional ingredients like Tri-Creatine Malate and Glycine, suitable for those looking to avoid caffeine.
The ASCEND pre-workout has emerged, setting a new industry standard for pre-workout supplements. The dual offering of Stim and non-Stim versions cater to every preference – and both are available in three tantalizing flavors.
Learn how to elevate your fitness journey as we delve into the science, flavors, and unparalleled benefits of ASCEND pre-workout.
Ascend: Key Ingredients
Firstly, let's uncover the foundational similarities of Ascend Stim and Ascend Non-stim before exploring their unique features.
Beta-Alanine: Pump, Power, Recovery
Renowned for inducing a tingling sensation, beta-alanine has become one of the most popular sports nutrition ingredients and acts as a precursor to the formation of carnosine, a dipeptide (a combination of two amino acids) that helps to buffer lactic acid build-up during intense exercise.
Why is Beta-Alanine in Ascend?
- Increased pump (due to improved blood flow)
- Increased endurance, power and strength.
- Enhances muscle growth for better results.
- Improves recovery and reduces muscle soreness.
- Buffers lactic acid to push through more sets.
- Improves athletic performance.
L-Citrulline: Pump, Muscle Growth
L-Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that is a critical component of the urea cycle in the liver and kidneys. Citrulline supplementation increases the body's arginine levels, the primary substrate for nitric oxide synthesis; therefore, citrulline ingestion can indirectly increase nitric oxide production.
Why is L-Citrulline in Ascend?
- Increased nitric oxide levels in the body.
- Increased blood flow, oxygen supply, and nutrients to our muscles ( L-citrulline increases Nitric oxide levels).
- Enhances muscle pump (due to increased blood flow).
- Reduced fatigue and muscle soreness.
- Increased muscle growth and repair (stimulates muscle protein synthesis).
- Improved sexual function and ehances circulatory health.
Taurine: Endurance, Cardiovascular Health
Taurine is a sulfur-containing amino acid not involved in protein synthesis but is essential to cardiovascular function and brain, retina, and skeletal muscle development and function.
Due to the increased taurine levels in type I ("slow twitch") compared to type II ("fast twitch") muscle fibers, most studies have investigated whether taurine supplementation improves endurance exercise performance.
Why is Taurine in Ascend?
- Aids the transport of nutrients and electrolytes into cells.
- Regulates cell volume and calcium homeostasis.
- Anti-oxidant and anti-Inflammatory properties.
- Increases blood flow, allowing for better nutrient delivery.
- Supports healthy function of the cardiovascular system.
Ascend Stim: What's Different?
Now that you know the ingredients in both the Stim and Non-Stim versions of Ascend, let's discuss their differences. The Ascend Stim version is designed for caffeine lovers and contains ingredients to fuel both body and mind.
If you're looking for sustained energy, increased focus, and muscle pump, try Ascend Stim to experience the powerful synergy of Dicaffeine malate, English Walnut Extract, and Alpha-GPC.
Di-Caffeine Malate: Endurance, Cardiovascular Health
Di-Caffeine Malate is a compound that combines caffeine with malic acid. Caffeine is a well-known stimulant that binds to adenosine receptors in the brain.
Malic acid serves as a buffer to caffeine, meaning it eases caffeine digestion and promotes an elongated caffeinated effect. This combination provides a smoother and longer-lasting energy boost compared to regular caffeine.
Why is Di-Caffeine Malate in Ascend?
- Sustained energy release before, during and after your workout.
- Prolonged focus, energy and increased alertness.
- Reduced perception of fatigue to push through plateaus.
- Enhanced attention (can lead to improved coordination & reaction time).
- Zero caffeine crash (common to most pre-workouts).
English Walnut Extract (Juglans Regia): Intense Energy
English Walnut Extract, also known as Juglans Regia Extract, is a naturally occurring source of Dimethylhexylamine (DMHA) derived from the bark of the English Walnut tree. It is one of the most potent legal psychoactive central nervous system stimulants available today due to its close similarity to synthetic DMHA.
The only difference between Juglans Regia and synthetic DMHA is the Carbon atom the Methyl group is bonded to within the molecular chain. Juglans Regia Extract contains various bioactive compounds, including polyphenols, antioxidants, and fatty acids. Additionally, these compounds can expand blood vessels, possibly improving circulation and the general function of the heart.
Why is Juglans Regia in Ascend?
- Increases Mental energy and improves focus during your workout.
- Improves cognitive function and working memory.
- Elevates the level of 'feel good' hormones.
- Helps to suppress appetite and increase energy.
- Benefits the body with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- May assist with blood sugar regulation.
Alpha GPC: Power & Focus
Alpha-GPC (alpha-glycerophosphocholine or choline alphoscerate) is a choline-containing compound. Choline is a precursor of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in memory, attention, and arousal.
Acetylcholine also stimulates muscles to contract, meaning elevated acetylcholine levels may increase force production. Learn more about Alpha-GPC here.
Why is Alpha-GPC in Ascend?
- Boosts neurotransmitter production.
- Enhances cognitive function.
- Increases force production potential.
- Supports focus and attention.
- Memory and mental clarity benefits.
Ascend Non-Stim: What's Different?
Ascend Non-Stim is for those seeking a caffeine-free approach and looking to optimize performance.
In addition to the previously mentioned ingredients, such as Beta-Alanine, Taurine, and L-Citrulline, Ascend Non-Stim version contains Tri-Creatine Malate and Glycerol to further enhance pump, power output and support healthy fluid balance.
Tri-Creatine Malate: Speed, Power and Strength
Creatine is one of the most commonly used supplements to stimulate phosphocreatine (PCr) synthesis, increase PCr concentration, and enhance the effectiveness of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) resynthesis in muscle tissue.
While creatine monohydrate is a common form, Tri-creatine malate is an alternative form where three creatine molecules are combined with one molecule of malic acid. Tri-Creatine Malate is highly soluble and typically easier to absorb, with fewer side effects than creatine monohydrate, such as less water retention and stomach discomfort.
Why is Tri-Creatine Malate in Ascend
- Improves muscle strength & power
- Improves exercise capacity in single and repeated sprints
- Most beneficial for speed–strength sports disciplines
- Tri-Creatine Malate is highly soluble and easily absorbed
- Fewer reported side effects (less water retention & stomach upset)
- May support muscle glycogen resynthesis
Glycine: Muscle Health, Mood and Energy
Glycine, a vital amino acid, Can play a pivotal role in optimising your workout performance. It not only promotes muscle health, but supports natural production of creatine levels in the body.
Creatine is a compound crucial for energy production during high-intensity activities, like weightlifting or sprinting. When glycine boosts creatine levels, it provides a readily available source of energy, allowing you to push harder and longer during your workouts.
Additionally, glycine supports muscle repair and growth, supporting your muscles before, during and after your workout. Lastly, Glycine contributes to healthy sleep patterns, and can assist in enhancing mood, increasing motivation and focus during your workout.
Why is Glycine in Ascend
- Adds an additional support in naturally increasing creatine levels.
- Supports energy production for intense workouts.
- Aids muscle health and promotes muscle repair and growth.
- Enhances mood, boosts motivation and focus.
- Additional anti-oxidant properties and supports overall sleep health.
Di-Arginine Malate: Blood Flow, Muscular Performance
Di-Arginine Malate is a compound known for its ability to boost blood flow and enhance muscular performance. It achieves this by increasing the production of nitric oxide (NO), which acts as a vasodilator, widening blood vessels.
This expanded blood flow improves oxygen and nutrient delivery to muscles during exercise, resulting in enhanced endurance, reduced fatigue, and quicker recovery times.
This makes Di-Arginine Malate a valuable supplement for athletes and fitness enthusiasts aiming to optimize their workout performance and cardiovascular health.
Why is Di-Arginine Malate in Ascend
- Boosts blood flow for optimal nutrient delivery to muscles.
- Enhances stamina and muscular endurance.
- Efficient energy delivery due to enhanced blood flow.
- Helps muscles recover faster.
- Elevates muscular pump for improved performance.
The Ascend Stim and Non-Stim versions offer energizing, pump-enhancing, and performance-improving formulas.
Whether you're a fan of Stim or prefer Non-Stim, Ascend offers Dicaffeine malate, English Walnut Extract, Alpha-GPC for Stim lovers, and Tri-Creatine Malate, Glycerol for caffeine-free users. Elevate your fitness goals with Ascend's unique features.
Whichever version aligns with your preferences, Ascend is designed to enhance your body and mind, helping you to reach peak performance.
Disclaimer: Signing up to Early Access means you will receive marketing material from Supplements Central, UM Sports preferred retailer. Supplements Central have a strict no-spam policy, and you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
Teigen Faux, Exercise Physiologist (Honours).
Stephen Brumwell, Nutritionist (ANTA #40048).